Case Study: How Managing Director, Kate Vale of Spotify uses LinkedIn in her business
training and education sector
LinkedIn Power Profile, Sharon Melamed of matchboard.com.au shares why in her opinion, Australian professionals can’t afford NOT to be on LinkedIn!
The 4 Best Digital Marketing Strategies to Attract More of Your Ideal Type of Client
When you’ve been in business for a few years, you start to know the type of client you love to deal with.
- They love your work, and aren’t difficult in the process.
- They respect your opinion, and know they can rely on you because you are an expert in your field.
- They pay you on time, and refer others to your business.
In fact, if you’ve been in business for a while, you could probably describe the exact type of client that you would love a hundred more of.
If you can articulate your ideal client, you’re well on your way to been able to grow your business, and attract more of your perfect type of customer.
The next step is to ensure that every marketing campaign, every brochure, every web page and every social media post or update speaks specifically to your ideal type of client.
1) Build Goodwill By Demonstrating Your Expertise
You can make your website become a magnet to attract your ideal type of client, simply by giving them information that they are keen to read.
The biggest advantage about creating content is that you are creating a long term asset that will help pull in clients for years to come. And if you can serve clients no matter where they are geographically, you can effectively pull in clients from all around the world – at no extra cost or effort!
71% of buyers go to the internet to get that information.
Most people will use Google to find out more about the products and services and will peruse at least 3 or 4 websites to gain some knowledge and insight.
In a nutshell, our clients are are using the internet to access information so they can make better decisions.
The websites that provide the best information help the prospective client to become aware of the many elements they need to consider. When you build out your website with high quality information, you’ll create enough goodwill to compel the prospective client to take action.
When you demonstrate your expertise, you also build some credibility and have earned some trust. By providing some great insights into your industry, and shared some relevant knowledge with your prospective clients, they feel confident and excited to contact your firm and enquire about your products and services.
But before you start creating great content, I’d recommend you do some research on what your clients are searching for.
In order to create high quality SEO Content, you need to know the keywords and phrases that your prospective clients use when searching for your products and services.
If you are a Family Law Firm based in Melbourne, you’d want to be using the following search terms, because they get used hundreds of times every month by prospective clients:
- Family lawyers Melbourne –searched 880 times every month
- Divorce lawyers Melbourne – searched 390 times every month
- Family lawyers – searched 880 times every month
If you wanted to create high quality SEO content, you’d also use the following within your general blog posts and articles:
- The Family Law – searched 5400 times every month
- Family Law Court – searched 3600 times every month
- Child Support Calculator – searched 9900 times every month.
When you know what keywords to use, you have the key to unlock a constant stream of new enquiries. Ideally you want to appear on page one of Google when they search for your type of services, and implementing a plan to upgrade the quality of your content will create a flow of new enquiries.
2) Connect With Your Specific Audience in Social Media
Many of our ideal type of clients use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or an industry-specific social network.
When you know which social media sites your clients use, you can go there and connect with them.
When evaluating the different social media platforms, you could use these questions as find out which ones to invest in:
- Who users the social media platform? Do they fit my ideal type of client, or do they have the ability to influence my potential customers?
- What types of content are those people passionate about and likely to share?
- How does content get exposed to other people on the network?
- Can we as a firm create new types of content that leverages the social media platform?
- How much time and resources are required to participate in this social media platform to create effective results?
- Can we predict a promising ROI?
3) Offer a Downloadable Product and Invite Contact
Once you’ve established rapport by providing high quality content on your social media and web pages, the next thing is to encourage your prospective clients to take some action towards contacting you, or sharing their details (so you can follow up with them).
You’ve seen the different ways that companies compel their prospective clients to take action. Here are the most popular and effective methods are:
- Subscribe to our e-news updates
- Download this FREE report
- Download our FREE 3 part Video course
- Book a FREE 15 minute Phone Call
The interesting thing is that your offer doesn’t necessarily have to be free, it can be on offer for a low price that will give your prospective clients a taste for what it is like to do business with you.
For example, you could offer:
- A FREE thing – An industry report or complimentary subscription to your e-news updates.
- A downloadable product of $37 (answers their most general questions to a high standard)
- An initial consultation of $97 – 297 (drastically reduced compared to your usual rates)
4) Create Automated Marketing Campaigns
After your prospective clients have made contact, you have the chance to generate further goodwill, and consequently help them see that you are the best option of who to choose.
Not all clients will have the clarity and confidence to make a decision on which provider they want to engage and hire.
For this reason, we recommend following up with them via email to deliver further high quality content that will help them make an informed decision, and help you be seen as the ideal choice.
There a number of tools that you probably know can do standard email marketing well, MailChimp and Aweber are a couple that have been around since almost the internet was born. However, technology moves fast, and over the last few years, Active Campaign, has developed a reputation for fast becoming one of the world’s most popular marketing automation systems.
Active Campaign is an online software that helps you to automate your email marketing, and even provides you with a Customer Relationship Management system…all for a very affordable price. When we were looking for marketing automation tools, we looked at dozens of choices, including Ontraport and Infusionsoft. Active Campaign won hands down for it’s ability to automate most of our marketing activities, all at a fabulously low monthly fee. If you don’t have a system that automates your marketing, you may be interested to read this insightful review of Active Campaign.